[extended mileage oils]

"Larry" <rocco16v@netzero.com> wrote:
Three thousand miles ago, I installed AMZOIL in my 'roc.  AMZOIL claims i=
is a 30,000 mile oil.  The question to you guys (and non-guys) is this:
Do I change this stuff at my usual 3K mile interval, or do I leave it in =
the
crankcase for 6K? or 9K? 12K?
Since I could detect no difference in performance or mileage when I chang=
ed
from the previous oil, is the extra $$ for this lubricant even worth taki=
ng
the chance of going longer than 3K?  What are your opinions?

Larry  sandiego16v

Hi, non guy here.
Amsoil offers oil analysis, so why not get it tested? The TDI folks are
fanatical about oil, some have secondary filtration systems and so on, an=
they test all the time. (and yes, I know soot isn't an isssue for us here=
) =

I'm using Delvac 1 in the TDI, and I'd hate to say what it costs, so it b=
etter
be good for a bit longer (Amsoil's even more). But the turbo is noticeabl=
quieter and smoother, so if nothing else, it gives me some peace of mind,=
 and
I could sure use it. tdiclub.com has lots of info on oils, and extended
intervals.
The Rocc gets changed based on season rather than miles, but it still get=
full synthetic.

I've heard of one guy that rotates it through his cars, in order of proir=
ity,
the best car gets it when new, then it gets filtered and put in the next
favorite one, and so on. Don't recall who that was...getting senile I gue=
ss. =

HTH, Cathy