extended mileage oils

Three thousand miles ago, I installed AMZOIL in my 'roc.  AMZOIL claims it
is a 30,000 mile oil.  The question to you guys (and non-guys) is this:
Do I change this stuff at my usual 3K mile interval, or do I leave it in the
crankcase for 6K? or 9K? 12K?
Since I could detect no difference in performance or mileage when I changed
from the previous oil, is the extra $$ for this lubricant even worth taking
the chance of going longer than 3K?  What are your opinions?

Larry  sandiego16v

Introducing NetZero Long Distance