When a starter goes POP ..

Don't forget, the solenoid is also a relay.  When the solenoid "engages", it
also closes two big contacts that supply massive amperage to the starter
motor....(so your ig switch doesn't have to...)
So, if the motor just spins, the solenoid is working enough to close the
contacts, which means it should also engage the starter gear. If the gear is
present....

Larry

> If the solenoid is bad it usually doesn't do anything and the starter
> just spins when the key is engaged. That's why I think the starter motor
> is bad but the solenoid is engaging.

Introducing NetZero Long Distance