What the TT catalog said about motor mounts

After a long wait, and one address change, I finally
received my TT catalog. I was paging through it and
came upon this section about motor mounts. There is
written a test you can perform to see if you need to
replace your motor mounts. This test involves going
beneath the car and placing a jack beneath the oil pan
and jacking the engine up one inch. Then you go start
the car and check to see if the vibrations are gone.
This doesn't sound like good advice to me, but I
strongly suspect one or more of my mounts needs
replacement. Other than using the oil pan, this test
sounded like a good idea to me?

=====
Jorel Jackson
web site:  http://www.home.earthlink.net/~jomoj/