problem solved?

jim b wrote:

> a few days ago while i was driving home from work i stepped on the
> throttle and i got a feeling like i was outta gas, like the car was
> not getting fuel intermittently. the problem got worse as i was
> driving and would stall if i slowed down too much or stopped. and it
> would buck if i stepped on the gas pedal too hard. it finally wouldn't
> start up a mile from my house. so when i told my dad and others this
> it sounded like a fuel problem and i got all worried and such. But
> when my dad's friend came over to try and figure it out the car
> wouldn't turn on at all so he took the battery and charged and voila
> today it started up and drove fine. does it make sense that it coulda
> been the battery all along? or could it be something else? thanks.
>
> James

It's very likely you:

- Are running off the battery and need to find out if the Alt is putting
out at least 13.5-14.5 volts when charging.

- Are running the Alt hard due to poor contacts with the battery posts.
And/or possibly the Hot side/ Ground connections in the car.

- Have a bad battery (or at least a cell or two), and it won't hold that
charge nor will benefit from a otherwise good Alt's charging.

Can you report back what-

the Battery shows volts wise with the car off and what those same
battery posts show a Volt/Ohm meter with the car running?

TBerk