control arm and urithane bushing question.....

-----Original Message-----
From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of Erik Seo - The
Canyons Resort
Sent: Monday, July 08, 2002 12:28 PM
To: Scirocco List
Subject: control arm and urethane bushing question.....

Hi, I'm going to be putting in urethane bushings in my control =
arms.=A0My
front's seem to be rather waisted (rust) so I'm going to look for some
new ones. Is there a difference between the control arms on any of the
A1 chassis cars, or are they completely interchangeable?

The A arms on '83 and up Sciroccos are pre-drilled for the front
swaybar.
(The earlier cars had smaller ball joints)

So I'm planning on putting the bushings in the new arms before I put
them on.....for the fronts. Any tips on getting the bushings into the
rear arms?
btw, it's a 77 rocco

I just knocked mine on with a large rubber mallet, IIRC.

The tough part is removing the front bushings, using a press is the best
way.

Peter
=A0