Torques/temp question

Well, I put my new (unfractured) oil temp sender into the Rocc, this is t=
he
one that goes on the back of the dist end of the head on a 16V and can le=
ak
oil like nobody's business.

Okay, so now it's not leaking, but what IS the proper torque? I can't fin=
d it
anywhere in the Bentley, it is briefly mentioned in one sentence, but not=
hing
about torque. And is its sole purpose to feed info to the MFA?

Reason I ask, is that the oil temp, which had been previously stable at 1=
00
give or take, appears to be running about 30*C hotter than usual,and the =
water
temp is a tad higher than normal (no flashing red light though). The fan =
is
not doing the after run I'd expect, (rad is good and hot though, so the
thermostat works?) So either the fan (and associated electrical stuff) is=

pooched, or the sensor is giving a false high reading and the fan really
doesn't need to run (right???). I await your welcome advice. Not driving =
far
till I get it cooled down.

On a plus note, the backup lights now work (new switch), the Rocco isn't
marking its spot, and my bug did well at a show today, despite the wonder=
ful
light show on it's dash. Gotta love them CELs. It gets its brain scan
tomorrow. =

But any info on that sensor would be appreciated. =

thanks, Cathy