the best rally movie ever

Yep...  that's the Pike's Peak hillclimb in about 1989 or 1990.  I've had
the movie saved on my harddrive for about a year now, and Allyn's right - do
a "save as"!

It's only shown a few times during the movie, but one small fuckup and you
will go tumbling down a long ways.  Pike's Peak is 14,110 feet.  The
starting line is a 9402 feet altitude.  The course is 12.4 miles with 156
turns.  They advertise cliffs of 2000 feet with no guardrails.  It's the 2nd
oldest race in the US, only the Indy 500 has been run longer.

I've only been up to see the race once.  Parked near the starting line, had
pit passes so checked out some of the cool stuff.  Then walked a short
distance up the course and found a good place to sit.  The absolute coolest
thing was the CFI semi truck....   twin Cummins turbodiesels, something like
3000 horsepower.  Literally shook the ground as it went past.

In 1994 Rod Millen set the course record of 10 minutes, 4.06 seconds in a
Toyota Celica AWD Turbo.

A truly great movie of a  great race.

John