No power under 3000 rpm

It's a 16v Scirocco.  I got it with 160,000 miles on it, but the majority of
the engine was rebuilt 40,000 ago (pistons, rings, wrist pins, head
reconditioned, etc.)  When I got it, I performed the following:
Spark Plugs (Beru Silverstone)
Plug Wires (Nology)
New Air Filter (K&N)
Oil Change (15W50 synthetic)
At the local VW mechanic, I had the timing belt and all other belts
replaced, new distributor cap, and new iginition rotor.

I also put on a TT racing downpipe (no cat) and full cat-back, and the TT
Fuel Enrichment, so I don't think a 16.99 is what I should be getting.