Cherry-red exhaust manifold - need suggestions.

Nope - wasn't that - I re-set the engine to TDC and
the little dot was right on the money.

All the errant wires are now re-attached.  It cranks,
but no ignition.  Might just be a little low on
juice.... My friend that helped me rebuild my vanagon
engine is coming back into town tomorrow, so I will
make him work a little for the free room and board
going through the ignition and fuel systems with me.
It's hard to crank the engine and troubleshoot with
only one body.

If that doesn't work - it's time to call the tow truck
to take it to the shop.  I seem to have more money
than free time lately...  it's tempting to buy
something that doesn't require 6 months of down time
for every 6 months of operation.

Thanks for the advice - it gave me wonderful ways to
procrastinate studying for my Marketing final :)

Later
Mark