Speaking of Bentleys and torque specs (bad Bentley, bad bad bad)

There is a <gasp> incorrect torque spec in my 80-81 Rabbit/Scirocco
Bentley manual...

It lists the torque spec for the water pump to water pump housing bolts
at 59 ft/lb!

A quick check in the other 80-84 Bentley showed the correct spec of 7.5
ft/lb...

Now, if I tell you I actually started to torque a bolt WAY past 7.5
ft/lb before realizing that something wasn't quite right - but not
before busting off a corner of the flange, you wouldn't believe me
right?                  Good...    :-)

My faith in the Bentley has been shaken!  (Sorta feel like when I was a
kid and started to question that other "authority"... ;-)

Mark - now with "suspicious" eyes...

Post your ad for free now! http://personals.yahoo.ca