Valve cover studs - (shoulderless) - Torque spec?

I'm installing the new shoulderless studs that came with my one piece
valve cover gasket kit.

How much torque should I apply to install them in the head (JH)?

I tried torqueing one at 7.5 ft/lb (same as the nuts) and it went fine,
but the next one felt like it was about to strip as it got tight...
Hmmm, I'm thinkin' that the stud should be slightly more torqued than
the nuts so the stud won't back out when removing the nuts in the
future, so around 10 ft/lb should be good, but I also don't want to
strip the threads in the head.  The last thing I need now is ANOTHER
"stay" at the machine shop.

Thanks!

Mark.

Post your ad for free now! http://personals.yahoo.ca