[Update] CIS-E Troubleshooting

Ok, after posting I have realized several things... first of all,
if the car was truely running in open loop mode then the reading I
was getting from the DPR is not making sense, since 20mA is pretty
lean.  Anyhow, I tried turning the mixture screw more than just
small amounts to see what would happen, and sure enough, with
a good full turn to the right (rich), the DPR current reading came
back down to a fluctuating, lower value...
so this is one step in the right direction at least!

Now this leads to my other post about the idle... as I richen the mixture
the idle gets higher, but the idle screw is in all the way!  And timing
is set to what seems to be correct at +6 degrees.  hmmm... always something!

Ben

PS...when the idle mixture is set really lean, the car has quite a wicked
sounding idle... like big cams are installed.  ;)
Now that I set the mixture it is very smooth.