[OT] Z3 badge removal?

--=======6FD75097=======

At 09:50 AM 1/31/02 -0700, Josh Hignight wrote:

>My dad just bought a used Z3, and it has this big goofy looking metal flag
>on the back (not german, but I don't want to offend any listers by naming
>the state). It's just a stick on, but he's scared to take it off because he
>doesn't want to mess the paint job.
>
>Any suggestions on getting it and the sticky stuff behind it off?
>
>Joshua Hignight
>Student Services/Technical Services
>New Mexico Campus
>(505) 821-4800
HD sells a product called Goof Off which I tried out for some very old
adhesive and shipping label stuff on a fiberglass mold and it worked
great.  Just pour some on and let it sit for a bit and it should come
right off.  Comes in a little can and is somewhere around $3.

John C. Worden
Bucksport, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-soon to rollover 100K
'86 Scirocco 8V-
'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V -
'78 Scirocco Brazil Brown Metallic,  4 speed.