new member.

hey guys!

I have heard of this list for too long now.  I had to join.  I belong to
vwvortex.  I was a little reluctant to join due to the fact I already get
close to 80 emails a day, but I got talked into joining.

here is the dilly-o on Paul

who: Paul, vortex call name "rockin16v", yahoo email
"sure_rockin_16v@yahoo.com"
where: Victoria, BC, Canada.
car: Scirocco 16v
vws owned: 7 (4 air cooled 3 sciroccos) - 13 cars in total
Projects: I am currently doing a 2L 9A conversion to my Scirocco, just did
full brake upgrade, and Weitec suspension cup kit.

I had the transaxle blow out (via SMS style) just after new years, so I
decided to go all out with an engine/ tranny combo.  I am using a 9A block
(picking up the bottom end after a complete tear down and rebuild )., using
a 1.8L ported and polished head (did it myself).

that is just the engine. the tranny is where I am having some fun. the combo
I am using will pull like mad in the first 4 and have a tall...really tall
5th.

I am documenting the procedure on vortex
:http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=195488

Paul