Pacesetter Headers

Sorry for the late reply on this.  I haven't checked my email in about a
week, so you can imagine the number of emails I have to go through.  And
then I get to do it all over again for the Rennlist emails...  :p

I'm becoming friendly with the "delete" key...

Anywho, I had the Pacesetters on mine for about four years before I
replaced them with the Autotech Tri-Y.  Performance was pretty much what
you hear: the Pacesetter was better at high rpms, and the Autotech was
better at lower.  Personally, I found the Autotech header to be better
for all-around driving, but the Pacesetter was by no means bad.  Either
way, they are much better than factory.

As far as construction quality, the Autotech is superior.  The steel is
thicker, the welds were nicer, and the whole thing seemed all-around
beefier.  Plus, I liked how the O2 sensor mount was right up by the head,
rather then all the way down at the cat.  But after four years, the
Pacesetter still hadn't quite rusted through, despite exposure to DC-area
salt.  It was rusting in some places, though.  I never felt confident
that I got a good seal around the swivel joint, but it was good enough to
pass inspection, so...  *shrugs*  Also, the gasket that came with it was
pretty crappy, just as an FYI.

I'd personally recommend the Autotech over the Pacesetter if you're
willing to spend the money, but the Pacesetter is good for some cheap
power, and I think it's all and all worth it.  Even if you have to
replace it every four or so years, it's only hard the first time you do
it.  After that, it's a snap.  It was about an afternoon job for me the
second time.

Hope this helps.
B.

'82 Scirocco <-- sold  :-(