Everyone on the list....please read this. Congress wants ourcars!!!!

Jim Jarret said:

I think if you read what's being proposed, it is NOT that 15-year old
cars MUST be crushed, it's that they are thinking of giving incentives
for older cars to be taken off the road...ie. you turn in an old,
"fuel-inefficient" (ha) car, and you get some bucks.  Probably not a lot.

So calm down.  They are not coming for our cars.

Hey, CA dudes, isn't there something like this already in place out there?

Yes, we do have this program in CA already.  And NO ONE is forcing anyone to
retire his car.  This proposed legislation does not require you to turn in
your old car.  Whoever wrote the initial overreaction needs to calm way down
and quit trying to block this legislation.  The ability to retire your old
POS car and get more money from the state than you would selling it is a
GOOD thing!!

I've got an '80 Volvo which is barely holding together and I'm seriously
considering taking the $1000 the state will give me to retire it.  When your
car isn't really worth anything to anyone else, it's real nice to get an
incentive from the state to get that POS off the road.  And it makes it a
little easier to get a down payment together.

Just my $0.02, but I think whoever is calling for this piece of legislation
to be blocked is highly uninformed.

Ian Overholt