Everyone on the list....please read this. Congress wants our cars!!!!

<<   s1766, section 803  never underestimate the stupidity of a politician.

   Creepy, I was reading the new copy of Auto Restorer at work this evening
and was going to mention the very same thing. Unfortunately this is not a
hoax, but a program that on a local level (city and state I think) has been
used for the same purported goals; crush old cars that are "unsafe",
"inefficient", or "polluting", simply because of their age.
  This bill is at best, all about posturing while not actually having to do
anything of real substance. It LOOKS like the supporters are doing something
for the environment (and who would be against clean air, fuel efficiency and
safe cars?), but accomplishes nothing at our expense.
  Fortunately, not only can we get the word out at a personal level like
this, but there is the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA), a trade
organization that is fighting the bill and is urging automotive businesses
and hobbyists to help defeat S.1766.

Carl
77rocco
89fox