Pulling a 16v

Krazy Horse wrote:

> hey everyone! i just got my Roc over to my shop today. i am going to start
> pulling the engine in the next few days. is there anything i should keep in
> mind or watch out for? anything you can give me a heads up about? thanks!
>
> -Craig
>
> "Nightmare" '88 16v (soon to be G60 Turbo!!)
>
> _____________

The CV joints are held on via 12 point fasteners, they LOOK like Torx
but are not. I think the axles use 8 mm (and the head uses 12 mm).

Use a Torx and go to jail.

(Historical note: Early A1s used T-45 for the CV, lets not bring them
up, eh?)

The other obvious thing is buy a box or two of surgical gloves and zip
lock baggies, w/ some cloth tape you can use to label wires and hoses,
etc. as you disconnect/remove things. Use a permanent marker but write
on the tape so it can come off after your reasembly and shakedown
cruise.

Label, label, label.

hth,
TBerk