[tech]: where's the leak?

Michael Abatzis wrote:

> after a lot of rain the last couple of days, i noticed that my driver's
> footwell carpet is damp. where is it leaking from? i know i've heard the
> driver's side door is a possibility w/a busted plastic vapor shield. isn't
> there also a drain there somewhere? also, sunroof is a possibility. i've
> never cleaned those drains out, though i've tried. what do you use to snake
> them out? thanks,
> -michael

- Rain tray in the engine compartment has those drain tubes on each
side, water hose em.

- Fresh air fan can leak, check it like the other guy mentioned.

- Door's vapor barrier gets torn, lost by previous owners/installers. I
have heard tar type sealant works, I have also head of success w/ duct
tape. Leave the bottom un sealed and tuck it in the door like a shower
curtain.

- Door needs bottom drain holes kept open.

- Sunroof drains. Hmmmm. Using compressed air or too rough with the long
wire can knock the hoses off, "Never to retuuuuurn...", as in they are a
b!thch to get at to reconnect (hearsay).

- Radio antenna lead (and other cables) come in through the firewall,
provide for some slack (drip loop) on the outside if possible, silicon
sealant the holes maybe.

- Windshield gasket at the bottom corners? Check and report back, this
is a whole 'nother thread.

hth,
TBerk