Throttle Cable

On Fri, 25 Jan 2002 13:56:09 -0700 "Ken" <mcfly67@qwest.net> writes:
> Anyone have any personal experiance rplacing one of these.  MK1 and
> 16v have the same issue for me.  The grommet on the firewall has a
plastic
> inset or sleve that is flared enough on each side that it wont come out
(in
> one piece), so I found out.  Anyway I will likely have to buy another
> one now but will have the same problem installing it.

Why is that?
You just guide the pedal hook in, and push the phallic cable guide in.

> On the pedal end is the brass looking fishook thing that hooks on to
> the pedal.  Even this is too fat to pull through.

Huh?

> The other end has all
> the attachments for the throttle.  I broke the grommet/sleeve getting
> the 16v donor cable out but the original MK1 is still in there, nervous
> try that one.  Any Help?
> Thanks
> Ken
> 1979 Scirocco  "McFly"
> 16v conversion - Engine in, now the hard part
> Electrical  : (
> VORTEX:  "Indiana Red"

The 16V throttle/accelerator cables are almost impossible to remove,
without mangling the plastic end.

The next time I have to remove one, I'll cut and remove the grommet
first, and then try to work it out.

The grommet is available at the dealer, and they usually need to be
replaced.

I'd get a new accelerator cable, grommet, and the pedal bushing...

Peter  http://thescirocco.com - Discount dealer - http://tttuning.com -
Peloquin - http://quaifeamerica.com/ - http://www.autotech.com/ -
http://www.magnecor.com/ - http://ronalusa.com - Bear, DE 19701
'79 Scirocco 16V, NEW accelerator cable and grommet
'81 Scirocco, '83 GTI,  '84.5 Scirocco
'84 GTI - SciRollers: '79 , '84 , '88
http://feedbyte.com

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!