Driving Techniques - UK site

Don't mess with the e-brake technique on the 16v calipers! It won't work.
They just plain suck too bad. I'm not so sure the A2's are capable of it
either, but if somebody finds out let me know. Do it with a car that has a
solid e-brake.

Surprisingly, I found the Hyundai Elantra to have the strongest e-brake I've
seen. I could lock up both rear tires on pavement with a light tug at 30mph.
Scared the bajeezuz out of my co-worker as we did a u-turn around a median!
The new Celicas are really good too.

Rallycrossing the 2.5RS was the most fun I've ever had driving...a yank of
the e-brake to turn 'round the hairpin, and a great combo of AWD adn torque
to pull you out. YEEE-HAAW! I'm no Dread Scott yet, but MAN, it is FUN!!!

<http://sixteenvolt.tzo.com/gallery/mastrorally/>

I did not hold back at abusing our Escort rental car during x-mas vacation
in Minnesota, either. Waaayyy fun. It's amazing how similar dirt and snow
are to drive on. Except for the patches of ice (where you have NO control),
they're pretty much the same.

Neal