Weird electrical problem

See, I was pretty sure that was what the load reduction relay did,
and as such it seemed like a pretty likely candidate, but it is kind
of hard to tell from the wiring diagrams (I hate those Bentley wiring
diagrams, normal diagrams I can follow, but those Bentley ones really
through me for a loop).

The goal is to overcome the deliberate nature of the process.