Feeler: Possible FS '83

I'd like to judge the interest in this car because I am contemplating the
ownership and restoration (or fixing up is more like it - if I kept it a
repaint in the TT red and a g60 or other motor would be in store for it) of
two Rocc's. The 88 is already a money pit  :)

1983 Montego Black Metallic Wolfsburg with 76,110 miles stock (~74,900 of
which were from the first owners family). California car with original
plates.

Original owner was a VW mechanic and did all the service, I therefore only
have records of replaced struts and strut bearings, and the upper radiator
hose that burst - that his daughter did after she got the car from him.

Has the usual exterior wear .. some dents and dings and a couple spots of
surface rust where the paint was chipped. The paint is worn from the sun,
the clearcoat is gone on the top facing surfaces .. you can feel the
metallic pigment when running your hand over the surface. Some of the rubber
seals around the doors or hatch are aged I believe .. in really humid
weather after sitting overnight I have seen moisture buildup inside the car
- not puddles but condensation like. Has a new windshield. Sunroof works
(the little button keeps falling off the crank, but it works unlike all the
other ones in my other Roccs), has radio, and the interior is minty except
for minor mods made by the PO, AC blows cold. Leather (wear on DS bolster)
with split rear seat. Carpet is mint. Has car cover.

I'm sure the car will need some minor service .. I haven't had time to look
into it but it runs like a champ - water temp always stable even with AC ..
idle is a little high at 1100. The clutch is worn out, but still driveable -
I use it when the 88 is acting up. I have a replacement clutch kit from
Potterman to go along with the car. It feels more solid that my 16V.

I got the car from ebay just last year with the insurance money from my
crashed Toyota.. saved it from a person who thought it'd be a nice low
mileage VW for driving - no clue as to what a low mileage Scirocco is worth
to people like us - for $2000. The clutch kit I'll include with the purchase
for $0. I'd like to get the money back or anything very close to that
amount. The car is in Campbell, CA (San Jose area) in case anyone wants to
swing buy for a look-see.

Let me know ... I will have pictures to detail the car as soon as I have a
digi cam.

Tobias

1988 16V Scirocco - Black
1983  8V Scirocco - Montego Black Metallic
Cars gone to new homes:
1987 16V Scirocco - Flash Silver
1986  8V Scirocco - Mars Red
To contact me directly: scirocco16v@imaginehow.com