MK1 dealer AC ID

--part1_7c.219f182a.297e494a_boundary

I was looking at an 80 today that an associate is looking at buying and
spotted an odd AC setup . I think this might be the rare dealer installed
stuff that was discussed in the Top 10 parts post.
The controls were mounted on an extended part of the lower dash on the
passenger side. I think I remember the compressor was made by Rotax? It
definately was not like anything I have seen on a MK1.The lines went through
the firewall part of the cowl then took a 90 degree bend and went into the
passenger compartment right behind the glove box..
Anyone have some pics or knowledge of this setup?

Jasin

--part1_7c.219f182a.297e494a_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>I was looking at an 80 today that an associate is looking at buying and spotted an odd AC setup . I think this might be the rare dealer installed stuff that was discussed in the Top 10 parts post.
<BR>The controls were mounted on an extended part of the lower dash on the passenger side. I think I remember the compressor was made by Rotax? It definately was not like anything I have seen on a MK1.The lines went through the firewall part of the cowl then took a 90 degree bend and went into the passenger compartment right behind the glove box..
<BR>Anyone have some pics or knowledge of this setup?
<BR>
<BR>Jasin</FONT></HTML>

--part1_7c.219f182a.297e494a_boundary--