Was: More on the Valentine Detector - Is: C & D

Hmmm...maybe I caught this late...but C&D = trash.  It was OK back in
the late 70's - early '80's, truly unique, but the last ten or so years
of the mag are not worth reading.  Since David E. Davis and his troupe
left, probably, not to forget Warren Weith, Don Sherman, and the
wonderful back page prose of LJK Setright.  Despite PJ O'Rourke who was
funny in exactly one article.

R&T has never been worthwhile.  Motor Trend is toilet paper.

Nowadays, for a general purpose mag, it's Automobile, even with Davis's
schmoozing and name dropping, and that drooling liberal idiot Kitman.
Jean (Lindamood) Jennings saves it.  Davis is an elitist but he
assembles a good crew.  And it's good depsite their slobbering all over
every jap-car copy of MB, BMW, or old English roadsters.

Also AutoWeek, but arghh my subscription just ran out and the new one
hasn't started yet!  Woman, why didn't you mail my renewal form!?!?!

Ron
(so how do you really feel?)