1.8 to 2.0L 16v conversion

--=====================_169747844==_.ALT

It is very straightforward.  The 2.0 bolts in exactly where the 1.8 was.  I=
=20
reused the 1.8's fuel injection system entirely down to the intake=20
manifolds.  The only real change was the routing of some of the coolant=20
lines from the 2.0 (from a donor Jetta).  All we did was move all of the=20
coolant lines from the 1.8 over to the 2.0 and that was it.

The intake, exhaust, and transmission all bolt right up; as do the motor=20
mounts...

Jason

At 12:05 AM 1/20/2002, tyler wrote:
>hi all,
>
>forgive me, but i really know nothing...
>how simple is it to do a 2.0L 16v conversion from a 1.8???
>
>thanks,
>tyler

----------
1987 Scirocco 2.0 16v
1988 Mercedes 190E Sport 2.0
1994 Golf III GL 2.0

http://www.scirocco16v.org

"In the olden days, a good flame war could go on for weeks or months, with=
=20
hot invective flying around like rhetorical shrapnel. It was high art, high=
=20
entertainment. Though tempers flared hot and professional bridges were=20
sometimes irreparably burned, ultimately it was a game =97 a participatory=
=20
sport in which the audience awarded points for felicitous disparagements,=20
particularly well-worded putdowns, inspired squelches."  -- Christopher=20
Locke, "The Cluetrain Manifesto".
--=====================_169747844==_.ALT

It is very straightforward.&nbsp; The 2.0 bolts in exactly where the 1.8
was.&nbsp; I reused the 1.8's fuel injection system entirely down to the
intake manifolds.&nbsp; The only real change was the routing of some of
the coolant lines from the 2.0 (from a donor Jetta).&nbsp; All we did was
move all of the coolant lines from the 1.8 over to the 2.0 and that was
it.&nbsp; <br><br>
The intake, exhaust, and transmission all bolt right up; as do the motor
mounts...<br><br>
Jason<br><br>
At 12:05 AM 1/20/2002, tyler wrote:<br>
all,</font><br>
&nbsp;<br>
nothing...</font><br>
from a 1.8???</font><br>
&nbsp;<br>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
<hr>
1987 Scirocco 2.0 16v <br>
1988 Mercedes 190E Sport 2.0<br>
1994 Golf III GL 2.0&nbsp; <br><br>
&quot;In the olden days, a good flame war could go on for weeks or
months, with hot invective flying around like rhetorical shrapnel. It was
high art, high entertainment. Though tempers flared hot and professional
bridges were sometimes irreparably burned, ultimately it was a game =97 a
participatory sport in which the audience awarded points for felicitous
disparagements, particularly well-worded putdowns, inspired
squelches.&quot;&nbsp; -- Christopher Locke, &quot;The Cluetrain
Manifesto&quot;.</html>