Wheel question

Hi,
     I've got a line on some nice 14" rims for a really good price.  My problem
is, I'm not completely sure they'll fit.  They're 4 bolt, but they're actually
coming off a 98 Passat.  Does anybody know if these things would fit an 87
'Rocco?  I seem to recall at some point VW went to 5 bolt rims for at least
some models, but I don't know if they moved the bolts about before doing that.
Also, these aren't stock rims, they're after-market "universal fit for VW".
     Thanks much.

Cheers,
Colin