From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of WaspHwy@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, January 20, 2002 2:52 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Cc: mk1gti@egroups.com
Subject: Mk1 GTI Suspension, Chassis, Steering problems...

here's some background:

1984 Rabbit gti
bilstein sports
neuspeed sport springs
new strut mounts
poly rear shock mounts
upper and lower front braces
stock sway bars
new balljoints

problems:

my car rides like shit. I have tried to convince myself that it is ok,
because it handles pretty good, but it really rides terribly. it crashes, it
bangs, etc... is everybody's car like this with this setup?

also, I have a rubbing problem. when going around left turns, if I am going
slightly faster than legal speeds, or the road is bumpy, the passenger front
tire rubs ALOT. why is this? are my springs already shot? (all of the susp.
stuff is less than a year old)

my steering is shot as well. at high speeds (65plus) when the steering wheel
is straight, I have a very loud, fairly violent vibration in the wheel. do I
need a new rack and bushings?

any help or insight on these problems would be greatly appreciated. thanks