From: "Lauri Pettai" <lauri.pettai@netexpress.ee>
To: "Dan Bubb" <jdbubb@ix.netcom.com>; "Chris M" <pb1113@hotmail.com>;
<scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2002 1:33 PM
Subject: Re: [efi tech] More EFI questions

> I'm using SDS on my 16v roc and as far as fuel system is conserned,
> I used original pump and lines. Just bought 8mm fuel hose and connected
> it to the original metallic lines and from there to in-line efi fuel
filter
> (From Ford Escort). From filter to fuel rail, from rail to fuel pressure
regulator
> (Set at constant 43 psi) and from fuel pressure regulator back to tank.
> Such a big circle keeps the fuel always cool.
>
> I really like the SDS because of its simplisity, nothing fancy, no bells
and
> whistles and it works. Programmer is very handy to carry with you and
whenever
> there's a problem the programmer will help to figure out what's wrong.
> I always carry the programmer with me if I go racing or ralling, but I
wouldn't
> imagine carring a laptop in my car during a rally.
>
> Lauri!
> '84 2.0 16v Scirocco GTX Kamei X1 Bodykit (VIN025736)
> http://www.eabc.edu.ee/~laurts/scirocco
> I finally added nothing new to my site!

run a 3 bar FPR there'll be enough fuel at 15 psi boost (I'm
> assuming your going to add a turbo with injectors that big??) to support
350hp. So, it'll pretty much keep up with the injectors you
> have as long as they're rated at 45 PSI.
> Dan
> PS. Don't know about SDS. When all is said and done it isn't that much
cheaper, there are lots of things it won't do and it'll be
> tough to tune it since it doesn't datalog or interface with a PC. I was a
big fan of Haltech, but their DOS software is pathetic and
> support isn't good. My next EFI project will be Megasquirt. After that I'd
take a good hard look at DTA.

(mopar 50lb/h) and g60 seats and am going to order the
> Ross machine fuel rail today. I'm really leaning towards the SDS efi
computer too.   What I need to know is will the stock fuel pump
> work with efi?  Does anyone know the psi/flow rating for the stock
pump(s)?  If anyone else has done this conversion and has a