Quick Timing question...

--=======4E5863E=======

At 08:43 AM 1/18/02 -0600, jester@westfailure.net wrote:

>Hey allz,
>
>I am rebuilding my 16v's dizzy this weekend, and that requres removing it.
>
>Question i have is this: I have a timing light without a knob, & as i
>recall WCVW's only have a TDC mark, not a degree mark, so does that mean i
>need to go buy a timing gun with a degree knob?
>
>thanks,
>
>Steve
No,  a standard timing light will work.  All the H2O VWs
I've worked on had the degree mark, actually a notch, right
where they should be timed at.

John C. Worden
Bucksport, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-soon to rollover 100K(two tanks of gas from now)
'86 Scirocco 8V-
'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V -
'78 Scirocco Brazil Brown Metallic,  4 speed.