Speaking of restoration check out my teardown

--part1_53.112b4920.29792c89_boundary

Here is a few pics I took while I had the digital camera I borrowed. The rust
looks bad but there are no holes except for a part I didnt get uncovered till
tonight. That part is the upper tailgate channel under the rubber seal. Some
leaves probably collected there and kept it wet for a long long time is all I
can figure. I am looking into sectioning out that part or another
alternative? So far the most fun was removing the fenders, the first one took
nearly an hour with a torch being used to melt the sealant.
This car is orginally from CA so all the structual parts are as sound as day
one. The floorboards and whole undercarriage are in excellent shape for a VW
in MN thats 22 years old. Three of my previous MK1 cars looked good on the
surface but rusted out from under me so I am very happy with this as a good
platform to work with.

feel free to ask any questions or offer parts :)
http://community.webshots.com/album/28947960NlDCGcgudP

Jasin

--part1_53.112b4920.29792c89_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>Here is a few pics I took while I had the digital camera I borrowed. The rust looks bad but there are no holes except for a part I didnt get uncovered till tonight. That part is the upper tailgate channel under the rubber seal. Some leaves probably collected there and kept it wet for a long long time is all I can figure. I am looking into sectioning out that part or another alternative? So far the most fun was removing the fenders, the first one took nearly an hour with a torch being used to melt the sealant.
<BR>This car is orginally from CA so all the structual parts are as sound as day one. The floorboards and whole undercarriage are in excellent shape for a VW in MN thats 22 years old. Three of my previous MK1 cars looked good on the surface but rusted out from under me so I am very happy with this as a good platform to work with.
<BR>
<BR>feel free to ask any questions or offer parts :)
<BR>http://community.webshots.com/album/28947960NlDCGcgudP
<BR>
<BR>Jasin</FONT></HTML>

--part1_53.112b4920.29792c89_boundary--