From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Chris M
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2002 12:09 AM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: suspension?

Hi guys,
   I used to have big time rubbing problems with my old rims (Borbet M's).
I found out the offset was wrong.  I've since replaced them with Enkei's
with the proper offset and I have no problems.  Offset on these cars is
crucial.  Here's my setup that absolutely doesn't rub:

H+R Sport Springs
Boge Turbogas Struts
Enkei RS5 16" Rims
BFG 205-40-16 Euro TA's
Neuspeed Front Tie Bar
Eurosport Rear Tie Bar

I get a pretty good ride (feels more like a mid-size in the way it takes
tar-strips) and I can carry three people easy.  This is on a 16V too by the
way. Sits nice and low and is very good at AutoX. Easy on the pocket book
too. Anyways, hope the offset idea helps....

Chris M.
82 8v Scirocco
88 16v Scirocco
70 MGB (wife's car)