blower motor

Lil B 959 wrote:

> Hey all, i have an 87 8v rocco and the blower motor isnt operating.
> I have the whole center console out because Im putting in a radio
> and I would like to fix this problem before I put it all back
> together.  Its kind of urgent, because the radio is sitting on the
> floor sliding around.....anyways, anyone with info on finding the
> blower motor (the haynes manual was wrong) and/or fixing it please
> email me! Thanks!
>        --Bryson--

You need to slap a meter on the wire loom running to the switch. Ign
ON, see 12v? After that you can run power straight to the fan motor
itself in the engine compartment via some long wires from the battery
posts. Fan motor turn? If it does you may well have a burnt out
resistive pack, there by the motor. It's what gives you different
speeds.

hth,
TBerk