Can you identify these?

On Tue, 15 Jan 2002 22:38:05 -0500 "Rick Alexander"
<rick@brubakerbox.com> writes:
> I'm in need of the knowledge of the esteemed list. Please take a look
> at
> this photo of my spare head
> http://www.brubakerbox.com/temp/MVC-759F.jpg
>
> I've been looking for an injection fault in Rolling Roc ('87 1.8
> 16V). I've
> been cleaning all of the electrical contacts in the wire loom and
> looking
> for a location for an oil pressure sender. That's how I happened
> upon these
> questions.
>
> For the sensor in the upper left I can not find a wire to attach to
> it. VW
> would not have installed a sensor if there wasn't supposed to be
> something
> attached to it. Is this one of the oil pressure sensors?

No.  All 4 sensors around the water outlet are reading water temp.  The
one on the fire wall side of the head is for your oil temp.  If you want
to keep oil temp and add oil pressure, you can get a two sensor adapter
that will allow for the old oil temp and new oil pressure to live in the
same out-of-the-way place behind the head.

Eric
"Good, bad...I'm the guy with the gun"

http://www.geocities.com/blitzkrieg16v
AOL IM:  OneSixV