Air-shroud vs non again (sorry)...2 ?'s

I just got another piece of my spring buildup go fast stuff, a big valve
solid lifter head.  This is one that has the air ports for the injectors.
First off, I can just tap into a port on the downstream side of the throttle
plates for this connection, no?
Secondly, the head has orangeish connectors for the injectors.  Are these
the air shrouds that the injectors stick into, or are the air shrouds pieces
that sit inside these orange things?

Sorry, I probably should know the answer to these questions.

Marc