tires info...

Interesting finding today.
I ordered 2 Dunlop SP 9000's from the local Discount tire. I took in the
TireRack  web page listing them as $109 each for 205/45/16 I had printed out
( a little big for a 16" scirocco fitment, but 40 is a little small,  which
would make my speedo recalibration null).  Discount's price was $187 or some
such junk. They proceeded to call TireRack to confirm the price, then ORDER
the tires directly from TireRack! The way it sounded, they do this all the
time (guy gave very little info, and had TireRack on their quick look up on
the computer).
$264 and change total for tires, shipping, mounting balancing, and road
hazard. Not too shabby.
Just something to keep in mind I suppose. I just hope they get here soon...

Joshua Hignight
Student Services/Technical Services
New Mexico Campus
(505) 821-4800