<=86-87 8v scirocco bend-down at the nose??? (interesting)

Fellow listers,
    Looking at the project-mobile (86 8v) today i saw something weird about
the body lines. This led me to think the body was tweaked... until i did
some research.
    Check out the silver scirocco 8v in this pic:
http://www.driversfound.com/scirocco/history/1987/broc-1987e.htm
Now compare it to any pic of any 16v scirocco.
    Is it just me or do 8v's seem to bend downward from front fenders
forward. You can notice it big time by looking at the bumber strip and the
c-curve line (line that runs below the windows and ends at the front turn
signal). It seems to take a definite angle once it gets to the front fender.
The only time i've seen this behavior in 16v's is if they have hit something
head-on.
    Now for the catch. How do i get mine, which looks like the silver one in
that pic, to look like a 16v (i.e. straight line vs. bent one). I think it
may be something as simple as using 16v fenders, since i seriously doubt
they redesigned the frame to change a couple of body lines. If this is the
solution, who has a pair of 16v fenders??? (no kit needed).
Let me know any thoughts.
Thanks in advance.
Al

Allyn Malventano, ETC(SS), USN
87 Rieger GTO Scirocco 16v (daily driver, 170k, rocco #6)
86 Kamei Twin 16V Turbo Scirocco GTX (shell donor ready to rock, still
planning)
87 Jetta 8v Wolfsburg 2dr (daily driver, 260k, 0 rattles, original clutch,
driveshafts, wheels :)