Help my car to survive

On Thu, 10 Jan 2002, Cheapass Ron wrote:

> >  if you have poly bushings to swap i
> > can
> > do that, but have never tried to put a new stock front lower a-arm
> > bushing in, dunno how hard/easy that is.
>
> Not bad at all.  The worst part is getting the old front bushing out.
> I drill a bunch of holes through the rubber and just destroy it out of
> there.  Others have said a torch works, but that's too smelly for me.

I am of the burn it out persuasion... I have done it both ways, & burning
it out you just take your torch & light the rubber on fire, walk away &
when you come back its ready to pull right out :)

The concern I had was if he had bought stock rubber to put in, the poly
slides right in, but the forward a-arm bushing is a press fit, and is
rubber on the outside, not steel like a motor mount, so it would be hard
to drive in with a hammer... and i dont have a press... But poly is a
cinch!

He bought poly, so we are on for this sunday at 11:00 am, so if anyone
wants to hang out, here in Saint Louis, MO e-mail me for directions..

take care,

Steve

             Fashion Twins, activate! form of: a lemming.
                      http://westfailure.org