Dead in the Driveway

John Erickson wrote:

> I guess it got too cold for the Scirocco last night.  It ran fine
> yesterday, but refused to start this morning.  It cranks over fine, but I
> don't hear the fuel pump.  I don't think fuel pumps just quit running, so
> I'm guessing its the relay or some sort of an electrical failure.  Anyone
> have a similar experience?
>
> John
> 87 16v
>
> _________

John, Were are you and how cold _did_ it get last night?  Did you try
and jumper around the relay; 87 - 30 (Note, the pump will continue to
run while jumpered this way, pull it when parking).

Maybe you got some condensation that froze in the line or pump or
something.

Try a jump for more cold cranking amps?

More info pls.
TBerk