VDO or MOTO?

Heres one that will cook your noodle.....
My cluster is a VDO.. I was stupid and Sunday evening I fried it.  Poof no
more. (yes I cussed).
Monday I got a foil (thats what ETKA calls it) from the yard.. it says MOTO
something on it.  Yea I know... good technical name.  Someone on the list
said you HAVE to keep MOTOs with MOTO and VDO with VDO.. then why do I now
have a MOTO foil and VDO cluster and all the instruments work BETTER than
before I fried the system?  HHmm huh HHmm. come on already? :)
HEY!  nice 4K tranny in the orange rocco at the yard.  Sad day for Roccos
though.. I WITNESSED the silver one going to the crusher. :/  Damn, and I
wanted the shifter knob out of that one too!
Anyway I have a feeling this might turn out to be an interesting thread.
-=John=-