race with a talon

I had a bit of stoplight racing fun with a late model
Eagle Talon today here in Burnaby BC.  Anyhow, I see
this guy in a red Talon that was riced out with a
coffee can muffler, 1.5 foot high spoiler, tinted
windows and big tires as I'm coasting up to him in the
curb lane.  I time it so that i keep the 'rocco
coasting a bit as the light changes to cut the tire
spin and blast way past him and cut in front of him.
This pisses the guy off of course, being passed by my
old 8 valve scirocco, so of course the guy weaves in
and out of traffic to get by me. Later on, we're lined
up again at a red light (Kingsway is a long street.)
It was raining today and I made the mistake of dumping
the clutch and pouring on too much coal, so my tires
are spinning madly and so are his.  I back off the
throttle to gain some traction and the Talon gains a
car length.  However, I was surprised that the guy
never got more than a car length in front of me all
the way.  It must not have been a turbo model, because
I hear that those cars are fast.  My car only is a 1.8
8V with an Audi throttle body, sewer pipe, advanced
timing, and a dynomax muffler.  Anyhow, it's dyno day
for us here in the Vancouver area on Saturday, so I'll
see how I'm doing and how I can improve things.

Chris J.
'83 Scirocco GT
'81 Kawasaki KZ550

Web-hosting solutions for home and business! http://website.yahoo.ca