Wheel bearing woes

William

Yep, the other guys are right;  Circlip in grooves on each side of the outer
race.  Top it off, the inner race has to be brought out with the puller, and
the outer one has to be pressed out.  That's one way to do it.

I have never actually done it though.  Thats what the Bentley said to do.  I
was replacing my rotors and thought I'd do the bearings at the same time,
preventive maintenence.  Took one look at that housing and decided to hell
with it.

Dan
'86 8v Scirocco
'77 Beetle