passat vr6 questions

So why would this black box be clicking as the car is cranking over?  the
windows work fine if i just turn the key to on and play with them so it cant
mean that they are dead...
No i have not tried jumping the fuel pump relay... what number is the relay?
  What terminals do i jump?  Is it like a rocco one?
Jeff, thanks for the heads up on the distributor, if i get the car and
decide that it needs a distributor i will send ya a check. :)