weber carb.

--- Scirocco16vman@aol.com wrote:
> I was speaking to a european friend that had a
> scirocco back in 88.  He said
> he put a weber carb and and an exhaust and the car
> was like heaven to drive.
> I was wondering if anyone had some experience with
> the weber carb or even
> Holley for the madder.  I personal didn't know the
> scirocco was carbureted.
> Guess i haven't been doing my homework.
>
> Manson

If you are in the USA, only 1975 & early 1976
Sciroccos were carbed.

1976.5 & up are fuel injected (8v = CIS, 16V = CIS-E)

In europe, only the top of the line Scirocco models
(GTi, GTX, GLi, Storm, etc) were injected - all others
were carbed.

I had a weber replacement carb on my old '75, if
definately improved the performance and reliability of
the car compared to the original stock carb.

=====
Mark Peele
1985 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1981 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)