Fuel Transfer pump

--part1_6b.20609f8f.2966bef4_boundary

List,

       I have this weird starting condition, if the car (88 scirocco 16
valve) sits overnight, it takes like 4 cranks to start, if it sits for a
little while itll start first time. I work at a dealership and i was told
that this condition is caused by the transfer pump going bad, because theirs
two pumps in 16vs i guess and if just that one goes bad its ok but you get
this condition of just cranking but no firing, and im pretty sure it is this,
because ive remedied just about everything else, grounds, new alternator, new
battery, new distributor, new plugs, premium gas everytime, i mean just a lot
of shit so im just wondering if anyone else has had to replace this and or do
you have any experiences with this matter.
        Also i want to bring up to my dealership some of the recalls for the
88 16v, do you guys know of any recalls for the 16v, just so i have a heads
up, any help is much appreciated.

88 16v rocco
Aaron Carter
Sacramento, CA

--part1_6b.20609f8f.2966bef4_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><BODY BGCOLOR="#ffffff"><FONT  COLOR="#ff0000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Trebuchet MS" LANG="0">List,<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I have this weird starting condition, if the car (88 scirocco 16 valve) sits overnight, it takes like 4 cranks to start, if it sits for a little while itll start first time. I work at a dealership and i was told that this condition is caused by the transfer pump going bad, because theirs two pumps in 16vs i guess and if just that one goes bad its ok but you get this condition of just cranking but no firing, and im pretty sure it is this, because ive remedied just about everything else, grounds, new alternator, new battery, new distributor, new plugs, premium gas everytime, i mean just a lot of shit so im just wondering if anyone else has had to replace this and or do you have any experiences with this matter.<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Also i want to bring up to my dealership some of the recalls for the 88 16v, do you guys know of any recalls for the 16v, just so i have a heads up, any help is much appreciated.<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#ff0000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">88 16v rocco<BR>
Aaron Carter<BR>
Sacramento, CA<BR>
<BR>
</FONT></HTML>