Amphibian VWs

Well, the short story is: sure, if y'all wanna take up a collection of
about $5 grand or so and send it to me, I'd love to fix the driveway...
:D  The long story involves lots of fun things like lying sellers,
fraudulent real estate agents, lawsuits and resulting bankruptcies, and
semi-retarded neighbors who have no understanding of even the most basic
concepts of hydrology. Suffice it to say, it appears that we're going to
have to adapt to the driveway and not the other way around.

Thanks everyone for the heads-up about the air intake - I never even
thought about how low it is - looking back on it I think I did hydro-lock
the motor once, at the time I thought it wouldn't start because the exhaust
was plugged with water but now I'm not so sure. Guess I'd better look into
rerouting the intake before I try this too often.