Amphibian VWs

--part1_192.a5d6c4.2965396c_boundary

In a message dated 1/2/2002 8:31:46 PM Eastern Standard Time,
curtv@eudoramail.com writes:

<<But, I wonder what
kind of damage I might be doing? The water isn't deep enough to run in
around the bottom of the door, but I'm sure the bottom of the crankshaft
pulley is dipping in for about a Scirocco length or so>>

VW engines are pretty much bullet proof.  There is of course one exception
and that is water.  If you injest just a small amount of water into the
combustion chamber it would be like throwing a rock into the cylinder.  Be
very carefule with water. the air intake sits pretty low in the rocco.

Brian 86 16v
98 Jetta GLX Vr6

--part1_192.a5d6c4.2965396c_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">In a message dated 1/2/2002 8:31:46 PM Eastern Standard Time, curtv@eudoramail.com writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
&lt;&lt;But, I wonder what <BR>
kind of damage I might be doing? The water isn't deep enough to run in <BR>
around the bottom of the door, but I'm sure the bottom of the crankshaft <BR>
pulley is dipping in for about a Scirocco length or so&gt;&gt;<BR>
<BR>
VW engines are pretty much bullet proof.&nbsp; There is of course one exception and that is water.&nbsp; If you injest just a small amount of water into the combustion chamber it would be like throwing a rock into the cylinder.&nbsp; Be very carefule with water. the air intake sits pretty low in the rocco. <BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><BR>
Brian 86 16v<BR>
98 Jetta GLX Vr6</FONT></HTML>

--part1_192.a5d6c4.2965396c_boundary--