[Scirocco-l] Re: Santa gift to Uncle Rocco

Steve-
  I know what you are trying to get across, but the fact remains that the
older a vehicle is, the more more maintenance it requires in order to remain
reliable.  Ergo, the older the car, the more unreliable it is.
 Most of us would give careful consideration before jumping in our 'rocs and
heading across country ( hey, I know many would DO it, but we WOULD give it
a thought first), yet we would also jump in a 2001, or a 1999, car or truck
and take off after tanking it up: just assuming it would make it.  (and it
probably would).
It boils down to this: every minute a component on/in your car operates, it
is one minute closer to failing.
For whatever reason, older cars are less reliable.  Period.
Peace

Larry  sandiego16V

> > OK, I'll admit it.  I drive a FULL SIZE Chevy G20van.  My love for A1
VW's is