Dynamat Information I found for all that cares.

> Just one question : how would the auto-x check the thickness
> of it.. do they
> require to remove the carpeting to check it ?

Well, they probably wouldn't check the *thickness*, but they might certainly
check the *existence* of it. Yeah, you'd have to pull back the carpet to see
it. FYI, "tech inspection" in autocross just means that somebody goes over
your car to make sure it is safe. It has nothing at all to do with class
rules or cheating. If you suspect someone is cheating or in the wrong class,
then you must file a protest.

Keep in mind here that I'm talking about national-level Solo-II and ProSolo.
At that level, protests can even involve engine tear-downs! It doesn't
happen often, but it really does happen. If a person thinks you're doing
something illegal, they can put up a bond to cover the cost to have it
checked out. If you win, you get the bond. If they win, they get it back.
Either way, you have to reassemble your car.

If you're only racing at a local level, you definitely don't have to worry
about it. I've never seen a real protest at anything but a National
Tour/Championship or a ProSolo, though I have heard of some smaller ones at
Divisional events...

Neal